Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kallen Grace is One year old...


It's amazingly hard to believe that Kallen has already turned a year old. It's been a crazy fun year. I was determined to let her eat cake on her birthday so I did some research and found a way--egg replacer, soy milk, wheat-free cake mix. It certainly wasn't the prettiest cake since I just don't do cakes but she didn't mind.
Kallen ended up being the only one to really enjoy eating the cake. It's a good thing she doesn't know what a real cake tastes like. I thought the cake was pretty nasty. Kora didn't mind it. Eric and Katherine withheld comments but did eat a piece that day.At her one year check up at the doctor's office, Kallen officially became our largest one-year-old weighing in at 17 pounds, 8 ounces!

3 comments:

Rach said...

that cake looks huge! what a good mom you are.

Jenn said...

Let me know if you ever need help with recipes... I'm on my second year of birthday cakes, etc...

Kelly said...

the cake looks delish- no matter if everyone loved it! At least the birthday girl did!! Happy Birthday little (or should I say big girl)Kallen!